The Ohio Laborers’ Fringe Benefit Programs (OLFBP) offers great benefits to eligible Laborers throughout the state of Ohio. To learn more about the benefits offered, please visit http://www.olfbp.com
Insurance Benefits include:
You will establish your initial eligibility for insurance benefits the first of the month after you have worked 450 hours as a laborer (providing the 450 hours are in a six consecutive month period).
Once you meet initial eligibility requirements, eligibility is looked at on a monthly basis. If you meet any of the following for a given month, you will continue eligibility for that month:
- 250 hours in the first 3 of the previous 4 months; or
- 500 hours in the first 6 of the previous 7 months; or
- 1,000 hours in the first 12 of the previous 13 months
There is no cost to you associated with establishing or maintaining your eligibility as long as you meet the eligibility requirements described above, regardless of the number of dependents you have. As part of the Laborers wage package, your contractors are required to pay a set amount for every hour you work as a laborer.
- Need 5 credits to be vested – you must be vested to receive any type of pension benefit
- One credit per year max
- 1000 hours in calendar year = 1 pension credit
- 750 hours = ¾ credit, 500 hours = ½ credit, 250 hours = ¼ credit
- 5 consecutive years without a credit (or partial credit) and not already vested = forfeiture of all your hours/credits before the break.
* Requirements are current rules only.
In general, the gross amount of your monthly pension benefit is calculated one of two ways. The higher benefit calculation is automatically awarded.
- The number of pension credits you have received multiplied by $74, or
- The total number of hours worked multiplied by $.064
Note: Benefit can then be reduced for spousal options, Early Retirement, retiree insurance, and taxes.